Vision Investments has the pleasure to be associated with organisation of The Annual Local Government Week and exhibitions will be held in Mwanza from 24th June to 1st July, 2012. This Annual event will be hosted in Mwanza Region by Mwanza City Council, the cleanest city in Tanzania for seven years consecutively. We have the honor and privilege to introduce to you the 8th Local Government Week and Exhibition which will be held at Kirumba Stadium. This Annual high level celebration of local government fraternity will also be held at Urban and District Council headquarters as well as ward and village levels throughout Tanzania.
The Annual Local Government Week and exhibition which is running for 8th consecutive years since 2005 (previous LG Week were held: Dar es Salaam 2005, Arusha 2006, Morogoro 2007, Shinyanga 2008, Mara 2009, Kigoma 2010 and Sumbawanga 2011) present unique opportunity for showing case the activities, achievements, innovations, successes and challenges encountered during the year in providing and delivering public goods and services to the population.
Within the spirit of Public Private Partnership which is currently promoted by the government this annual event is an occasion to show real partnership by bringing together political leaders and representatives from local governments, Central Government Ministries, Departments and agencies and their counterparts in the public and private entities, CSOs and the general public to discuss opportunities and ways to improve service delivery and creation of prosperity in a win-win situation. Central Government and Local Government spend at least 80% of their budgets in procuring different goods and services from various supplies.
Vision apart from general management key emphasis is placed on publicity and resource mobilisation inline with PPP initiative by the Government.
8th Annual Local Government and Exhibition will bring together the following decision makers and stakeholders at Kirumba Stadium, Mwanza.
- 133 Mayors and Chairmen from urban and district councils in Tanzania;
- 133 Council Directors of from urban and district councils in Tanzania;
- 21 Members of Parliament who are members of ALAT General Assembly
- Government officials from Ministries, Department and Agencies;
- Development partners and Representatives of Embassies;
- 40 Associations and Trade unions
- Councilors from all the LGAs in Mwanza
- Invited delegates and stakeholders;
- More than 200, 000 residents of Mwanza and the general public;
- Traders, artisans and various entrepreneurs from all sectors;
For participation please call:
0754 280 491 Ally Nchahaga
0764 944 511 Joseph Mlinzi